The Description and Reason options are optional. They are to help provide more structure and context in the version control system.
The Description can be used to specify WHAT is going to be changed in this new version.
The Reason is WHY the change(s) need to happen.
How to Update the Description and Reason of a Version
1. When viewing the version, click the Settings tab.
2. Click the Update Settings button.
3. Toggle on the switch for the Description and/or Reason.
3. With the corresponding switch toggled to on, specify the the value for the Description and/or Reason.
4. Click the Save button.
5. The Description and/or Reason will then be displayed in appropriate places.
This screencapture shows how the description and reason are displayed now in the Settings tab of the version.