With this option to create a template, you can import a Google Doc. An example of Google Doc to import would be a document of a procedure. Once the document is imported, it will be processed and used to create a template.
The imported Google Doc is to create the template. The template will include a version document that will include the contents from the imported Google Doc. Once a version of the template is active, then the template can be used to create documents.
Below is an example Google Doc of an aerospace procedure.
How to Create a Template by Importing a Google Doc
To create a new template by importing a Google Doc, follow these steps:
1. From the Templates page, select the plus icon. Then click the Import Google Doc link.
2. You will be directed to the Import Google Doc page.
3. Assuming you have not authenticated with Google yet, you will need to do this first. Click the Sign In with Google button.
Authenticating with Google will allow our software to see your Google Drive files so we can gather a list of Google Docs and then view your Google Docs so we can import them.
4. You will be directed to Sign In with Google. Select your user you want to sign in with.
5. Then review the permissions you will be giving to our software. Click the Allow button at the bottom of this screen.
6. You will be redirected back to Keeni.
7. A list of your Google Docs will be displayed on the Import Google Doc page.
8. Find the Google Doc you want to import and click the Import button.
9. You will be directed to a page while the document is imported and converted into a template.
10. Once the import process is complete, you will be directed to view your new template.
The template version will be draft. Once a version is draft, you can launch the template editor and make it actionable.