Creating a blank Template creates a template but with no template Version. After creating a blank Template, you can create a Version. The Version will contain the contents of the template.
Once a version of the template is active, then the template can be used to create documents.
How to Create a Blank Template
To create a new template that is blank, follow these steps:
1. From the Templates page, select the plus icon. Then click the Blank Template link.
2. From the Create Blank Template page, enter the name for your template.
3. Click the Save button to create the template.
4. You will be directed to view the new template.
5. Since no version was created, you will need to create one. To create a blank version of the version, click the New Blank Version button.
6. From the Create Blank Version page, specify the details for the first version. You may not need to adjust anything since it is recommended to start the version number at 1.0.
7. Click the Save button to create the version.
8. You will be directed to view the blank Version. You can then launch the template editor.