With this option to create a template, you can select a document to upload. An example of document to upload would be a document of a procedure. The uploaded process supports multiple file formats. The most common file formats are Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF. Once the document is uploaded, it will be processed and used to create a template.
The uploaded document is to create the template. The template will include a version document that will include the contents from the uploaded document. Once a version of the template is active, then the template can be used to create documents.
Below is an example document of an aerospace procedure in a Word document format.
Supported File Formats
The upload document process supports these file extensions: .doc .docx .abw .pdf .odt .rtf .html .md .txt .zip
While the upload process supports multiple document formats, the most commonly used ones are .DOC and .DOCX for a Microsoft Word documents as well as .PDF for Adobe Acrobat documents.
How to Create a Template by Uploading Document
To create a new template by uploading a template, follow these steps:
1. From the Templates page, select the plus icon. Then click the Upload Document link.
2. You will be directed to the Upload Document page.
3. The option to Create New Template should be toggled on. If you toggle this off, then you can upload the document to create a new version for an existing template.
4. Select the document to upload. You can either drag and drop the document from your device. Or you can click the Plus icon to open a file browser.
5. Once selected, the document will begin uploading. Only one document can be uploaded at a time.
6. You will be directed to a page while the document is processed and converted into a template.
7. Once the conversion process is complete, you will be directed to view your new template.
The template version will be draft. Once a version is draft, you can launch the template editor and make it actionable.